VoV Web Desk

Eating forest mushroom at Ganderbal land dozens of people in hospital

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

By: Sofi Ayaz VOV


According to the locals of Banjar Basti Gutlibagh area of central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district, some of the residents prepared a wild mushroom from the forests for the meals and most of them were hospitalized after consuming this dish.

Residents told this news reporter that when they consumed the dish of forest mushroom commonly known as ‘Jangal Hedar’, they complained of vomiting, diarrhea and other reactions, prompting the family members to take them to the SKIMS.

Villagers said that at least 13 people from the village were admitted to different hospitals including Sub District Hospital (SDH) Ganderbal. Some of them were referred for further treatment to Soura.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *