Army chief warns Pakistan of another surgical strike
September 26, 2017
NEW DELHI: Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has warned that a new round of surgical strikes could be used to eliminate staging areas for terrorists located across the border in Kashmir.
The chief warned that his troops are ready to force infiltrators into their graves. “Terrorists will keep coming because the (terror) camps are operational there (across the LoC). Even we are ready. We will keep receiving them (infiltrators) to dispatch them two-and-a-half feet below the ground,” he said yesterday.
Last year, in September, Indian troops crossed the Line of Control to take out terror launch pads in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir. The army said that terrorists waiting there were planning to attack major Indian metros.
The surgical strike took place weeks after Pakistani terrorists attacked an army base in Uri in Kashmir in the deadliest attack on the military in the region in decades. 19 soldiers were killed.
“The strike was a message we wanted to communicate to them and they have understood what we mean… that things could follow up, if required,” General Rawat said.
The surgical strikes were filmed, though the army has said it has no plans to release the footage.(Agencies)